On Labor Day we drove the Beartooth Highway again. It was very crowded, mostly locals out to enjoy the holiday weekend. I've never seen so many people on this road before. The scenery was still fantastic. We finally got to visit the Clay Butte Lookout Tower. It would make a nice summer home except for a lack of amenities, like electricity and water. We've added Red Lodge, Montana, one end of the Highway, to our list of places to visit for a longer time. The other new places we've added to our list this summer are the Snowy Range; Dubois, Wyoming; and Greybull, Wyoming.
We managed to end this trip to Yellowstone without seeing a Moose, unusual for us. I guess most of them are still in the high country.
The nearby wildfires are creating a lot of smoke in the area. Interstate 90 was closed for a few hours the other day due to smoke. Hopefully it will be open when we use it tomorrow.
Now that it is time to go, I'm wondering why I only scheduled two weeks here. We are still working on plans for next year. I doubt that we come to Yellowstone again for a year or two. We've spent over nine weeks here in the past three summers. We will spend about 10 days in the Yosemite area in June (flying into Reno). The rest of our plans will likely involve leaving the RV in the mountains a couple times as we return to Oklahoma and Texas to visit Grandkids. We will likely to get to British Columbia for part of the summer. We are accepting suggestions (accompanied with cash donations).