Vacation Journal

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

 

Monday, August 15, 2005 through Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I haven’t posted a log to my vacation journal for a few days because we basically aren’t doing anything of significance.  I am using free wireless internet at the Ouray Library.  I’ve never noticed wireless internet in a library before, but if Ouray has it, I’m guessing that it is becoming somewhat common.  This library has five PCs for the public to use and a large table for people who bring their own laptops.  The speed is very fast.

 

Yesterday we had three Black-headed Grosbeaks on our suet feeder at the same time.  The feeder is just outside the rear window of our RV, so we had good, close looks.  We continue to have lots of hummingbirds.  They empty the most popular of our three feeders in less than a day.  We are getting regular visits from Black-capped Chickadees, Steller’s Jays, Crows, and White-breasted Nuthatches.

 

We’ve walked around town several times to look at shops and to eat.  I’ve bought several puzzles (thinking, not jigsaw) in the local toy store, which is well-stocked.  I’m getting to be friends with the owner of the toy store.  He and his wife are retired from Boston.  They travel a lot using Ouray as a home base.  He is getting ready to go to his 50th high school reunion in Massachusetts and then on to a 26 day trip to Europe.

 

Tomorrow we are taking a two day trip to drive up Mt. Evans (over near Denver).  We’ll be spending a night in Frisco.  On our way back we will do one of our favorite things – a major shopping stop at Wal-Mart for food and supplies.

 

Today we did laundry.  I’ve also relaxed a lot in the last few days, and I’ve also caught up on housekeeping chores with the RV.  The weather continues to be pleasant – high’s around 75.  The low last night was 50.  We run our heater every night.

 


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Archives

May 2005   June 2005   August 2005   September 2005   August 2006   September 2006  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?