Vacation Journal
Saturday, June 25, 2005
Friday, June 24, 2005
This will probably be my last journal entry for this vacation.
A few statistics - I drove my truck 1,141 miles after my West Yellowstone fill-up before I bought more diesel. The one fill-up gave us two weeks of running around Yellowstone. I had to buy some diesel before we left for Beartooth Mountain and Cody, but I didn't fill up. I waited until Cody to fill up. Diesel was 19 cents cheaper when you get to the big city. Filling up in Cody cost $117. I've wised up. I no longer use the credit card reader on the pump because it only allows you $75 at a time. I just select pay inside and pump all I want.
Last night was the 208th night we have spent in our trailer. We don't include any nights we were away from the trailer in our count. We should be up to 212 nights before we get home. That's about 7 months in the two years and nine days we've owned the trailer. Apparently we spend about 25% of our time in it.
Thursday we did nothing exciting, unless you consider laundry exciting. Friday we went to the Norris Geyser Basin and took the two mile walk around the southern part of the basin. None of the big geysers went off while we were there. We saw lots of hot springs with various shades of blue and green. We did see all five swans on our drive back. We saw both young eagles standing up on their nest. Overall it was a fairly uneventful day. We both sat outside and read for an hour or so.
Saturday we will be getting things ready to leave. We've decided to go over to I-15 and take it into Utah and hit I-80 to go to Rock Springs, Wyoming for the night instead of going back through Yellowstone and Grand Teton Parks. It's longer, but it should be faster. Yellowstone is so crowded now that you invariably hit several traffic jams when you drive through it.
We should be back in Bartlesville on Wednesday.
Archives
May 2005
June 2005
August 2005
September 2005
August 2006
September 2006
